Hot oil massage is a traditional technique of use that has been practiced in various Asian countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines and Thailand.
Hot oil massage is a commonly used medical technique for internal and external health care.
This massage technique involves oil massaging and is also known as Korean Massage, Thai massage, and Thai massage.
Many of the practitioners of traditional Thai Massage do not allow practitioners to accept any payment for massage.
Thai massage is widely accepted as a form of traditional and healing massage as it heals many ailments, e.g., carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and stiffness of the hands.
Topic : hot oil massage
The ancient technique of hot oil massage
As with most traditional Asian techniques, the origin of hot oil massage is traced back to the East Asian regions of China, Japan and Korea.
The Chinese application of massage can be traced back thousands of years, while the Korean and Japanese application of massage are 2,000 and 1,500 years old respectively.
In ancient times, hot oil massage involved boiling the oils in metal pots in steam baths, which in turn created steam.
In the Chinese and Korean traditional massage, there is an oil exchange process.
The oil massage practitioner takes the oil that is placed on the client and carries it into the steam bath, while the client holds their hands together to receive the oil.
This transfer of the oil happens between the client and the massage therapist.
In this massage, it’s the massage therapist who applies the oil.
However, the client will then hold their hands in the steam bath to receive the massage from the massage therapist.
In this form of massage, the goal is to release tensions from the muscle tissue and soothe sore muscles.
This technique is very gentle, slow and deliberate.
The hands of the massage therapist are treated with special care and effort so that the oil can be absorbed deep into the muscles.
This massage is most effective in reducing muscle inflammation and pain.
In addition, this technique of massage helps to increase blood circulation to the skin and releases toxins from the bloodstream.
Pros and cons of hot oil massage
Using this traditional method, the health benefits of hot oil massage can be achieved.
These benefits are mostly felt when the therapists use the highest quality of olive oil.
There is a small downside to this technique, as there is a danger of burning the skin during the process.
The risk of burn is high when the oil is being used with the highest quality of olive oil.
When the hot oil is being used with lower quality olive oil, the risk of burn is low and no harm is done to the skin.
If the oil is not used in the prescribed form, it can be poisonous.
This risk is low with high quality olive oil.
The overall benefit of using hot oil massage is still the same as for the traditional and folk Asian massage.
The hot oil massage is suitable for every muscle condition in the body, except for those suffering from cardiovascular problems.
Benefits of using hot oil massage for the body
Hot oil massage for the body can help to relax the body and decrease pain.
The Hot oil massage is also useful in reducing stress, anxiety, and depression and is even considered to be beneficial for the digestive system.
Hot oil massage can also be used to treat inflammation of the joints, such as the knees and hips, and as a form of physical therapy for the muscles.
Nowadays, many people use hot oil massage to treat carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, and stiffness of the hands.
Temperature and using too much oil can be a dangerous risk.
Oil massage can burn the skin, causing scarring and deformity of the hands.
People with weak immune system should avoid this form of massage, as it can also cause serious infections.
Hot oil massage is often practiced in traditional Asian medicine for the following reasons:
The steam used for heating the oil increases the blood circulation to the skin.
The time in which the oil is being used also has a strong effect on the circulation.
Hot oil massage helps to relieve pain, rejuvenate the skin, and improve the health of the body.
Improves lymphatic drainage
The lymphatic system is responsible for removing waste products from the tissues and lymphatic vessels, which improves the blood flow to the skin.
Can be used to relieve pain and inflammation
- Hot oil massage can be used as a pain reliever.
- The massage stimulates the release of endorphins in the body, which results in a feeling of wellbeing.
- Some stress and tension are relieved during the massage.
- Hot oil massage can also help to increase the blood flow to the body and improve the circulation to the skin.
Relieves muscle pain
The massage stimulates the release of endorphins in the body, which helps to relieve pain.
Relieves stress and anxiety
- The massage is often used as a form of meditation.
- This can be a calming technique, which can help to alleviate the stress of everyday life.
Speed and massage type
- The massage type depends on the muscle and the time the therapist wants to spend on a certain body part.
- Normally, hot oil massage is done for around 30 to 60 minutes.
- The massages can be done in short intervals or for longer
hot oil massage benefits for hair
To stimulate blood circulation in the scalp, mix together some coconut oil and olive oil.
- It is best to use virgin coconut oil or coconut oil that has been infused with herbs.
- Take a generous amount of oil, preferably 10 to 15 ml.
- Mix the two oils well.
- Massage the scalp gently on the palms of your hands.
- Let it set for 2 minutes.
- Then continue the massage, and work your way downwards.
- The most important factor to remember is not to overdo it.
- Instead, work your way up to more pressure.
- Repeat this 5 to 7 times before washing your hair with a mild shampoo.
Many of hairstylist and professional experts regarding hair suggest to use a heat-protection spray.
Heat-protection sprays help prevent damage by diminishing the heat damage. Try using heat protectant sprays on your hair before you apply hot oil.
Heat protectants provide long-lasting protection.
- Microwaving your hair is a quick way to nourish and moisturize your hair.
- Whether you use a regular pot or an electric one, heat your hair for 10 to 15 minutes, changing the water every minute or so.
- After the time is up, rinse your hair thoroughly and shampoo it.
hot oil massage overnight
Hot Oil Massage on the forehead can help to relax and refresh the nervous system of the forehead.
It can help to get rid of fatigue, reducing the possibility of drowsiness and fatigue.
This is a great technique that can be used for your children, grandchildren, and seniors.
Use of a Hot Oil Massage for the forehead can help to improve the appearance of the forehead, relieve stress and tension and improve blood circulation to the head.
Hot Oil Massage on the forehead can help to relieve the discomfort, stiffness and inflammation of the skull bones.
The fatty tissues are very helpful for lowering blood sugar level of the body.
Hot Oil Massage can help to improve the sleep quality and helps in better memory, concentration, and concentration.
hot oil massage for hair side effects
Though hot oil massage use completely plant-based ingredients, which does not mean they’re secure for everyone.
There is also chances of side effect.
It is possible to have a negative reaction to petroleum, particularly in the event that you’ve got sensitive skin.
To decrease the risk of a reaction, look for oils that aren’t combined with synthetic ingredients, and are 100% natural.
It is very important to check the oil temperature.
Since the oil usually has to be warmed, you risk burning yourself if you don’t allow the oil to cool enough before applying it to your hair and scalp.
To check the temperature, apply a small quantity of the oil to your wrist before using it.
If you are not confident with hot oil treatment is safe for you, try doing a small and simple test a couple of days before using the item.
To perform a small test, just apply a small quantity of the oil to the elbow or other part of the body.
benefits of hot oil massage for skin
Helps to Eliminates dead skin and also skin pores get open:
- Oil massage benefits the receiver by simply getting rid of all of the dead skin cells and opening skin pores.
- Consequently, all of the harmful toxins are removed and this benefits our skin in a proper, good healthy way.
Makes Skin glow:
- Really attractiveness is skin-deep! Unless we’re relaxed on the interior, we could not be glowing on the exterior.
- Oil massage treatment is one of the simplest methods to attain glowing skin.
|benefits of neem leaves for skin|
hot oil treatment for hair growth
The hot oil deeply fixes your cuticles and hair shafts to fight damage and rejuvenate elasticity out of a strand root to tip, preventing breakage and split ends.
It deeply states your tresses and brings a good texture and glow to your own mane.
The effects of hot oil therapy penetrate deeply into the scalp layers, improving blood flow in the nerves underneath your skin.
It encourages your hair development life span and raises your hair quantity.
Sexy oil head massage aids accumulation on your own hair follicles is the main cause of your entire own hair problems.
It helps alleviate your psychological and physical pressure, which can be a frequent factor causing baldness.
coconut oil massage for hair growth
Below are the step follow before doing massage.
- For oil massage properly wash your hair with a shampoo and do not condition them.
- Now, heat coconut oil in a bowl.
- When your hair has fully dried.
- Massage the solution on your own hair and scalp.
- Soak a towel in hot water, wring out the excess water and then wrap it around your head.
- Comb your hair to ensure the oil has penetrated your own scalp and it has coated each strand of your hair.
- You can also leave it immediately. Rinse it off with shampoo.
- Use this technique whenever you plan to wash your own hair.